Sunday, October 25, 2009

Getting Started

10/25/09

So, my daughter Leslie thought I should blog about all my travel, to save having to send e-mails to everyone. The added bonus is it memorializes my travel observations for me, too!

I am fortunate to have a job in which I get to travel, sometimes to great places, other times maybe not so great (well, in some people's opinion). But I always manage to find something to enjoy about everywhere I have been whether for work or vacation. My problem is always the new place I go to is "my favorite place"! I can't think of anywhere I have been that I would not want to go back to (well, actually I went to this depressing town in WVa one time for work; I wouldn't want to go back there. But, it was still a fun trip--great company on the drive!).

The name of my blog is pretty obvious I suppose. Still, it took me a while to figure out something other than "Laura's travel blog". But if you remember The Odyssey it was about him trying to find his way home. Maybe that's what I'm doing--trying to find home, whether it is a physical place or a mental place; but, isn't that what we all do through life?

No comments:

Post a Comment